Using the other effects?

From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin

Right now I'm trying to see if I can completely redo the original construct 0.x ghost shooter demo. I've run into a problem though with lights. My plan was to use a semi-transparent black sheet to simulate the darkness, then use one of the effects to eat out part of it when an object gives off light. So far however any time I've tried to use an effect if would just react with everything meaning the light would eat through the darkness, the ghosts, the player, and the floor. Any advice?

How about just using a big black sprite with a transparent hole in the middle using alpha? You can't use multiply, so I don't think you can get the same lighting-up flash when a ghost is hit. You could just about do it with subtract, but that's not supported by canvas

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I guess that's the only option for the moment. Mind if I ask a few questions though?

1. Would layer effects be possible in HTML5?

2. Would it be possible to restrict what object effects react with?

3. Is the current ensemble of effects all that could ever be made available without the HTML5 standards changing?

1. Yep

2. How do you mean?

3. Right now yes, although the standards can and do change, and if WebGL takes off it supports shaders to the same extent the 0.x runtime does.

2. How do you mean?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10316081/example.png

It's somewhat in line with what I said with my first post. This picture consists of three objects, the circle has the XOR effect and the 2 squares are over lapping. From what I've read, most of the canvas effects require at least two objects. What I'm asking is, would it be possible to make the XOR effect (For example) put a hole in the red block, but ignore the green one and allow you to see it. Or am I completely screwing up what these particular effects are for?

Once we have layer effects and the equivalent of 'force own texture', you should be able to do that by having the green object on a layer below.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)