Uploading a C2 Mac build on Steam from a PC

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A space themed game with high quality 2D graphics and addictive music that provide hours of fun
  • Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this pretty specific thread.

So, it seems you need an actual Mac to upload a C2 Mac build on Steam, because of some permissions problems on the .app.

Which is frustrating since the sales from this build will hardly cover the cost for a Mac.

People already having your game on Steam, have you found a workaround, or have you really purchased a Mac for this task?

I can test the game on different Mac from time to time, to be sure everything is ok, but I can't be sure to have access to one each time I need to update the game on Steam.

Your experience/advices/tricks would be very helpful : )

• option A:

buy new or used Mac Mini + Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter (and connect to any LCD)

option B:

use some cloud service

option C:

google "hackintosh"

• I pass on the hackintosh, too many time to spend in order to get something reliable enough.

But cloud services, I'm discovering this, and it sounds more than enough to sign a build! Let's fire the free one day trial and see how it runs.

Thanks a lot szymek ! : )

• [quote:1rfgb9tj]So, it seems you need an actual Mac to upload a C2 Mac build on Steam, because of some permissions problems on the .app.

That's such a stupid requirement.

Then again, that sounds like Steam (and Apple for that matter). Could you pick up a mini and sell it when you're done with it?

option D: Virtualbox

Unfortunately, this isn't 100% straight-forward (okay, or legal), but it is certainly possible. Google "Niresh" and "MacBreaker". Honestly, though, I'd be wary of this option unless you have no other choice.

option E:

Anybody you know? Anybody on the forums you'd trust who has a mac?

Hope you are able to sort this out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A few people are ready to sign the app for me, which is very, very nice from them. But, I will have to do this for every single update, I just can't bug someone each time.

I just tried Macincloud.com, it looks good enough. It comes with many softwares preinstalled, but you have to ask to the support if you need addtional software (like a specific Python version, in my case).

I'll try to borrow an actual mac from a friend for a few weeks, and if I can't, Macincloud will do the trick : )

• What would be really awesome: Apple starts making a mac-equivalent to chromebooks for ~$200.

Google is really on to something there: chromebooks are going into schools everywhere, and kids are learning them, sometimes as their first computing platform. That's going to stick with them forever...powerful stuff there.

Wow. That was a sidetrack

Cloud mac's sound awesome too. I'll have to look into that myself.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)