I am upgrading from 216 to 225.
I open a game, created in 216 and see boxes instead of characters in all texts, if their size is bigger than 26.
Nonetheless when I compile and run - all texts appear perfectly fine in browser.
On the other hand perhaps it's some kind of video glitch in a VirtualBox that I use - I was afraid installing a fresh version on my workstation and played it safe...
forgot to mention that I've got this strange message:
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
Turns out it was a VirtualBox problem. After all my plugin updates I installed it directly and no boxes are shown.