Updated to r188 now export to html5 broken?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • I have just updated to r188 and prior to this I was able to export to HTML5 and then run the index.html file and play the game I am developing. Since the update it now says "exported games wont work until you upload them" What does this mean exactly as I never had this before? Any help would be appreciated, Jim

  • From what I know, that message is present in all releases of C2 ... It is exactly what it says: A popup that tells you that you are running the game locally and some features are blocked by default by browsers.

    You can get rid of it by deleting the following code from the index.html

    	// Issue a warning if trying to preview an exported project on disk.
    		// Check for running exported on file protocol
    		if (window.location.protocol.substr(0, 4) === "file")
    			alert("Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file:/// protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.)");
  • I've noticed that preview in both HTML5 and Node Webkit has been failing in R188:

    Assertion failure: Project model unavailable

    Stack trace:




    Subsequent failures will now be logged to the console.

    This project worked fine in r184 so it's pretty strange.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm stuck now too as I cannot install the older version I originally used a few days back as I used r188 and now when I try to load in using r184 it says it can't as my project was made with r188. Doh!

  • Reverting to an earlier version is just a simple matter of editing the <saved-with-version> node in the .caproj file, as long as no new features have been used.

    Use search to find numerous examples.

  • If you only have capx, you can unzip them with 7zip. The resultant folder contains your caproj and related files. Edit the save version tag in the .caproj file (use a plain text editor, notepad++ is good) and resave it. The versions are padded with a couple 0's (18800, 18400, etc.).

  • Thanks for the tip(s) I unpacked the capx file and altered the version as advised on another post and am now able to run the exported game in IE or Chrome. Hope the issue gets fixed asap tho.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)