Two questions about performance

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi,

What is the reasonable amount of objects on screen or layout so that people with older machines would still be able to enjoy the game? Does resolution makes a difference? And how can i check how many objects there is?

On the side note when i do full screen F11 in browser the fps falls from 60 to 40. Any idea why it might be - is it a browser thing?

Thanks

M

• There are no hard and fast rules, the best thing to do is test on a low-end machine and see how it performs.

• Ok, thanks.

What about browser things - why after going full screen with F11 fps drops by 20? Any ideas? I'm using chrome.

• Rendering size affects performance, the smaller the window the faster it will run. Sometimes it doesn't affect it much, but depends on the computer.

• Rendering size affects performance, the smaller the window the faster it will run. Sometimes it doesn't affect it much, but depends on the computer.

I thought browser was only up scaling the image? So even if the game is in very low res when scaled to hd it will loose frame rate? Just tested on FF and there is no difference in fps between full screen and not full screen. Chrome is loosing 20 fps.

• No it's not just an image that's being stretched, it's changing the rendering resolution. I asked about this somewhere before.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, i need to add that after going full screen in browser with F11 the size of the canvas remains the same since i'm using integer scale. Obviously it must be chrome bug but still it's a bit bad.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)