Touch counts as double touch for mobile devices?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
You are a fisherman who is trying to catch some fish in the ocean.
  • Is anyone else experiencing an issue where exported projects on mobile device browsers associate a touch as a double touch? This becomes an issue when implementing gamepads and you want to run your game through a mobile devices browser. I also noticed mouse events work on mobile device browsers, is this by design or a bug?

It might be the reason why touch events are considered as double touch on mobile device browsers.

I wasn't sure if I was suppose to claim it as a bug or not, but if needed I can provide a capx and post it in the bug section.

Why is this an issue?

Sponsors want games that run on both mobile device browsers and desktops. With the following issue mentioned above not all games can work on mobile devices browsers, mainly the ones that revolve around single touch gameplay.

Is it a big deal?

Well there are work around methods but it would be nice if this issue would be fixed. (unless it's not a bug and its by design)

• I also saw that mobile often triggers both a touch and a mouse input (no, the use mouse button of the touch object wans't set on)

I think I saw that in websites too sometimes, and it was not predictible (sometimes the mouse input first, sometimes the touch input first, and even then, a delay between them so that sucks..)

It makes it also hard to design for both touchscreen and mouse, since trying to detect the input will likely be a false positive mouse sometimes :/

I do not think it is scirra's fault, my tablet does not return this input conflict, but I could be wrong.

• I also saw that mobile often triggers both a touch and a mouse input (no, the use mouse button of the touch object wans't set on)

I think I saw that in websites too sometimes, and it was not predictible (sometimes the mouse input first, sometimes the touch input first, and even then, a delay between them so that sucks..)

It makes it also hard to design for both touchscreen and mouse, since trying to detect the input will likely be a false positive mouse sometimes :/

I do not think it is scirra's fault, my tablet does not return this input conflict, but I could be wrong.

Its not that big of a downer but it would make production faster if it was resolved. I guess I'll stick to work-around methods.

Do you think you could post the make and model of your tablet?

• It is a samsung Galaxy tab 3, MODEL:GT-P5210, I mostly use the chrome browser, and I didn't saw this problem hapenning on it.

• It is a samsung Galaxy tab 3, MODEL:GT-P5210, I mostly use the chrome browser, and I didn't saw this problem hapenning on it.

Have you tried using mouse click events on your tablets native browser to see if mouse input counts as a touch? I'm not sure if its because I'm testing with an older device but it seems that even mouse events work on mobile web browsers.

It seems to be a native browser problem.

• > It is a samsung Galaxy tab 3, MODEL:GT-P5210, I mostly use the chrome browser, and I didn't saw this problem hapenning on it.

>

Have you tried using mouse click events on your tablets native browser to see if mouse input counts as a touch? I'm not sure if its because I'm testing with an older device but it seems that even mouse events work on mobile web browsers.

It seems to be a native browser problem.

The native browser does it indeed with only a "on any click", that's annoying :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:1hy0j26z]The native browser does it indeed with only a "on any click", that's annoying :/

Aphrodite

Oh alright, then it must be a native browser thing, thanks for testing on your tablet, much appreciated.

• We got the same issue reported by a sponsor. For now we use a timer on user touch input as a workaround. Touch inputs seem to massively slow down every game though. Is this a construct related issue ?

• On some specific versions of Android (4.1.x IIRC) the stock browser has a bug where touch inputs are fired twice. Since it's in the browser it will affect any HTML5 framework or technology. We have workarounds in place to stop double-firing events but if it fires it twice with different touch IDs it's hard to block. Chrome for Android should not be affected, nor should different Android versions to 4.1, nor should any other mobile browsers. If you post the exact devices you've found this issue on then we could confirm it's the same issue.

• Ashley

I also got a complained from a publisher or sponsor regarding the double touch bug on stock android browser. I have tested my games on Galaxy S3 International 4.3 (Stock rom) and it does have this bug.

On touched "btnClicked"->increase integer : will trigger twice on android default browser.

I have to do this for now.

global variable =androidTouchFix=0

is touching "btnClicked" and androidTouchFix=0->Increase integer and change androidTouchFix=1

on touch end=androidTouchFix=0

Above are not the actual codes. But I hope you can understand the logic.

• tumira

Same case happened for my group. There are awkward workarounds, but it seems to be a native browser bug. The other browsers such as chrome or firefox don't have these issues. It's a bit problematic for games requiring a virtual gamepad since players would be annoyed if pressing left once, triggered them to move twice.

• This has been driving me crazy. I have been trying all kinds of combinations but ultimately failed to get it to work for both touch and mouse. I have been cursing Construct but now I realise the fault must be on the Android browser. (I have to add that I am VERY impressed with Construct as a whole.)

If I use "(touch) on touched object" without "use mouse input", my game works fine on both Android and IPad (but not on laptop/desktop of course).

If I use "(touch) on touched object" with "use mouse input", it works on IPad but generates a double touch on Android (and works fine on laptop/desktop).

If I use "(mouse) on left button clicked on object", it does not work at all on IPad, but still generates a double touch on Android (and works fine on laptop/desktop).

Confusing as hell. I hate, hate multi-platform rooted troubles!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)