Tons of application crashes - is this normal?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality backgrounds for games and videos with over 1000 images!
  • Hi,

I'm having issues with my Construct 2 application constantly crashing.

During any given session, the application will crash at least 3-5 times for no apparent reason, and I keep losing a lot of work because of this even though I frequently save.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Because it doesn't seem reasonable to me.

• Are your graphics card drivers up to date and are you using r146?

• Conversely, have you recently had a driver update? Contrary to what most people suggest, new drivers - whether WHQL or beta - can cause problems as well as fix them.

• bolosaur

Ashley

C2 never crash for even once in my life on desktop Computer, I don't know why but yes it's true. I open C2 about 8 times a day that means like in 12 hours or maybe 10 times. So any other information needed from my side please let me know.

• Sometimes I go 10 days without a crash, other times I get 10 crashes a day.

• yes i dont remember if its only after the 146 version.it happens to me too.c2 crashes sometimes.before last 1 month it has never happened

bolosaur save the project often.like fallout 2.many saves less headaches

• I have the software a near week now, had the latest with personal license ... crashed over 20 times already sadly :(

Causing me to loose hours of fidling, lol, lucky im in the learning curve hehe

I got the 64bit version, imo 64 bit apps crash more often in general, so didnt think anything of it.

but I read a post somewhere about someone clicking in the white space of project propperties caused a crashed or something.

Not sure thats true or recent, but ala.

I downloaded the latest beta earlier to upload my game to the arcade, curious as to if it runs more stable.

• Fairly new owner. Using 64 bit application and experienced program crash mainly when closing construct2. Lets say one third of program exits lead to crash. -v 146

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fairly new owner. Using 64 bit application and experienced program crash mainly when closing construct2. Lets say one third of program exits lead to crash. -v 146

I've been getting those crashes for quite some time now.

Can't reproduce it as it usually occurs after a long session and I can't pinpoint the cause, I guess it's just a minor nuisance though, as it crashes after the project has been closed (and after the save file before closing prompt is closed).

• KFC, I think that's a different issue � you shouldn't really ever close C2 normally, use a bat file that closes the process so that it always closes instantly.

• The crash needs to be reproducible for the developer to fix it. Can anyone give steps to reproduce a crash.

• I hardly crash, 2/3 times in a 12 hour session.

When I do crash its always after exiting image editor and launching the previewer.

Now I save after every image edit :)

• Ashley I'm always using the latest version, and I'm on a Nvidia GeForce GT 650M with second latest drivers installed, as the latest drivers are faulty.

Have the C2 devs never noticed this issue with the application? Because it seems like somewhat of an elephant in the room to me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)