Tiny UI change suggestion.

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Again I came to the point where my eyes struggles finding an object in the project tab

This is how it looks when you start to try make it ordered:

So once we have a lot of objects and directories it starts to look messy. On this pic is not that bad yet, but it will get worse with every new feature/new objects/more directories.

If the directory names would be simply bolded I believe it would be way more readable. What do you think guys?

EDIT: same goes for layouts and event sheets.

• To go further, I wouldn't mind if it was easier to organize objects. It is a painful process to organize them. It is slow, tedious, the screen goes nuts on bigger projects. It is no fun.

• +1 this idea

• I like this idea too

• Ashley what do you think about that change?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It seems readable to me - the folders are already differentiated by indent, the folder icon, and the expand/collapse icon. It would be easier to read if you kept most of the folders collapsed instead of expanding everything. Perhaps a "collapse all" option would help?

• It seems readable to me - the folders are already differentiated by indent, the folder icon, and the expand/collapse icon. It would be easier to read if you kept most of the folders collapsed instead of expanding everything. Perhaps a "collapse all" option would help?

I'd love a collapse all. I vote for that.

• I think it's more about to distinct the names of directories so they would be "eye catchy" on the first sight among all those objects, layouts and event sheets names.

If it's not a big deal to implement, I think it would be even better to have an option to customize directory names like all those options in theme customization. Font bold/normal, maybe color etc.

• Collapse all might help...but organizing the objects is a real PITA. The whole project locks up while moving things around. I wish there was an easier way.

• Collapse all seems like a good idea, but its pretty readable to me so far.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)