Tilemap object map array/export

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I was looking at the new tilemap feature and unsure if it's just undocumented or not included. I was wondering if there was a way to save/load data into the tilemap to change the tilemap during runtime.

Currently as far as I can see the map for the tiles is only editable during edit-time.

I am unsure how exactly the tilemap plugin works (perhaps more info on that compared to regular sprites?), but I only can assume it uses an array to tell the software what tile goes where. I think we should be able to load/save it in JSON format like the other array-originated plugins.

If it is possible, I would not expect the runtime-loading to be fast enough to play through, as the intention is more of creating map JSONs outside of C2's edit-time that can be loaded upon stage select.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There aren't any such features right now, but we'll be improving it over the next few releases and will try to cover this.

• There aren't any such features right now, but we'll be improving it over the next few releases and will try to cover this.

Awesome, IMO that was the only thing really missing for me.

Great implementation so far though and a longtime coming :P

Perhaps you could release a blog post next stable comparing the performance of the tilemap object to tons of Sprites as tiles and combination Sprite+9patches&tiledbg. Hopefully getting a little technical into it as well, comparing draw calls and other rendering information.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)