Text get smaller after i build on cocoon io

Text move after build on intel xdk etc look on all the below test

construct 2 view

chrome

cocoon io build

Firefox

intel build

please fix this

• I noticed this as well. I could line up text in my layouts, and then it could have different results depending on the browser I tested it with. I also noticed, horizontal and vertical alignment matters and can change where the text actually ends up greatly (expected vs. reality).

• Every browser and platform implements slightly different font rendering engines, so it's expected that it will never look quite identical across platforms. If you need exact predictable font rendering, you have to use a sprite font.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Every browser and platform implements slightly different font rendering engines, so it's expected that it will never look quite identical across platforms. If you need exact predictable font rendering, you have to use a sprite font.

hi

how i use sprite font for persian language ?!?!?!?!

we cant make sprite font in persian look at this "hello" : "????"

the words are not seperate ! some of them are but not all !

• > Every browser and platform implements slightly different font rendering engines, so it's expected that it will never look quite identical across platforms. If you need exact predictable font rendering, you have to use a sprite font.

>

hi

how i use sprite font for persian language ?!?!?!?!

we cant make sprite font in persian look at this "hello" : "????"

the words are not seperate ! some of them are but not all !

That is a difficult situation! You probably wouldn't want to use sprite font in that case, but design your interface with rendering differences in mind, like giving your text some more padding and margins and using center align for positioning. As always, it is a little troublesome, but test your output on as many platforms as you can to find the best compromise.

For situations where pixel perfect rendering is absolutely necessary, I recommend using a graphics editor like Photoshop, Gimp, or Paint.net to render and export the words as images. It's not optimal and could take a lot of time though, so try to do so only as needed.

• to get it on a line i have to build game see it location on mobile Ashley i would appreciated it if there was a guide to show where the text position going to move to after export from construct 2 to all the above platform.

just to make workflow a bit faster

• Yeah, spritefonts aren't great for some languages, and that makes it tricky... unfortunately there's no good way C2 could show you a preview of where the text is going to go - since it depends on hidden details of the browser/OS combination, there's not a good way to know until you run it. Cross-browser testing is always important and you should be doing that anyway, and this is another reason why it's important. As we've always said, the only good workaround is to make sure there is enough free space around text objects to ensure they can fit regardless of any small changes to size/alignment.

• Same problem,

does someone recently found a way to overcome the problem? Code? Plugin?

Is it possible to add via browser-plugin a javascript code to recognize the broeser and correct the offset?

Thank you.

• Solution for manualy offseting the text for FireFox

Browser.ExecJS("navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf('firefox') > -1")[/code:3e1qa21w]
    Returns 1 for firefox, 0 for everything else.

Posible to make more generic solution using Families with same font and make the anjastment acording to family.height

Still not perfect solution.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)