Tab Stop index?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Ashley can you add to your todo list an option to set the tab stop index for controls? As it is now the tab index is based on the order the controls were put into the layout. So if you rearrange the layout the tab stops can get all screwy and out of visual order.

The easiest way to demonstrate this is to put 3 text boxes on a layout and run it. Tab should move thru em in the order they were created. Now rearrange em visually in the layout and run it again...

Also while Im thinkin about it... Is it just me or do the controls look all messed up and not in the right positions on iOS?

In my layout (no scrolling no scaling no fullscreen etc) it looks fine on desktop browsers but when I got there on my phone the buttons are super small and you cant see all the text and everythings shifted up and to the left like 100px? Theres no anchoring or anythin... the doesnt have to be the layout doesnt move or resize

• I have this same problem. I have several text boxes and the tab order isn't right since I modified my layout after I designed the first part.

It thought that tab order was dictated by the objects' UID, but I made a little test changing the objects' UID's in the layout's XML file and it didn't work.

The tabindex property is definitely needed in the object properties -please.

• I also have the same question. I need my users to be able to navigate using tab and I would like this to be implemented so I can compare an instance ID with the tabIndex to activate an event.

• resdesign

The Z-order is the Tab index. You can change the controls' z-order as you require, and that sets the tab index,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank Allan. I decided to not use the tabIndex since it interferes with the other elements on a web page which also are getting focus on tab.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)