Super slow game - what am I doing wrong?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose whether the shown equation is right or wrong.
  • First off, yes, I know there is a performance thread right under this one.

I have a game developed for Android. It is extremely slow and I'm not sure why. I've followed all the advice in the performance tips thing.

Even on my first screen the app is horribly slow.

First screen: there are only 6 objects, no blend modes, clear background is set to NO, physics is disabled, only visual effect is FLASH on one object, zero loops.

I have no idea why this is running so slowly. My game seems incredibly non-complex and I really need to figure out how to solve this as it is a project for a client that needs to be published in the next few days. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sorry forgot to include the .capx file. I edited it to only include the first scene. Still having the problem.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/74s05p

• One major problem is you are calling Wait continuously in your transition events. Wait does not block, it pushes the lower events off to run later.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/125/system-actions

You don't need 'Every tick, as all of those events run every tick.

• Hmm. I'm going to try cutting out the Wait commands and re-exporting, thanks for the tip.

So does using every tick a lot slow down the game? In my full project I have about 20 events that activate every tick.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here's a quick fix. Your graphics are also very large. I've had to trim them out just because I was having trouble getting the file uploaded to Scirra. It kept timing out. The events run every tick already, so adding that event to another is redundant.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)