[SUGGESTION]Timeline for sprite sheets

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • I have worked with flash for lots of years and what I miss the most is the timeline and the possibility to make tweens. I am working with a childrens game now that is using a lot of animations and it will probably end up being > 20 mb since all the animations come from png-sequences. It runs really smooth and looks very good but I am somewhat woried about the download size.

If we had access to a timeline, like in flash, where we could take an image and tween it over time this could easily save me lots of space.

I've read about spriter and it looks really nice, however it seems a little hacky right now since it needs to inject stuff into an event sheet. And what I also need is the possibility to send events along the timeline to be able to nest different animations and to control the flow of the game depending on the location of the different animations.

So my question is, is there any plans for a timeline or any enhancement of the current animation frame editor?

If this is the case I would be more than happy to share my thoughts on this.

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We prefer not to reinvent the wheel, and we think Spriter is already good for this. We've done a lot of work to get the importer working nicely and it should be working smoothly. It does need to add a single event to your event sheet, but I don't think that qualifies as hacky.

• Thank you!

Just thought it would be nice to integrate it in the IDE since it would made it possible to reference other objects from within the timeline, but I will try the spriter workflow.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)