suggestions

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Picks

An option in the debugger displaying an event number plus the results of he picked objects.

This makes debugging the picking events a lot easier.

Library

Objects library.

To support modularity, simply add a library.

It could be something as smple as a dediated layout stuck inside construct 2 editor options.

Objects in this library layout should be includable in all your projects.

Once incluced, during export construct 2 simply grabs the resources from the library whch it needs for the program.

once included, when you save it, it saves a version of that library object in your capx. When you open it, it will check if the library item has been changed, and if it is, gives you an option to update the object in the capx file, or add the old object from your capx as a a new entry to your library.

SVN

with the growing need for team work, and SVN perhaps being a bit out of the knowledge scope of the standard construct 2 developer, perhaps a simple integrated version.

Upon saving, send signal with changes to other joined developers, giving them the option to update their project, or reject.

It should be basic, changes available, apply or deny.

Once denied, you are out of sync, and will not send updates to the other members until you applied the most recent update request.

Scirra High score service for web, android, IOS

Offer a monthly service to licensed developers for a small fee per month.

For example: each game highscore system required for a game, would cost like 1$/month for licensed scirra developers. (or go nuts and offer 1 year for 10$)

All it would require is some dedicated ajax function, the games' ID and a small table in a database.

these were just some ideas I had going recently.

I made a topic for the Picks one, but prolly wasnt relly clear.

EDIT: thanks katala for the preview one :D

• Picks

An option in the debugger displaying an event number plus the results of he picked objects.

This makes debugging the picking events a lot easier.

Yes please.

This would make my life a lot easier.

• Animation preview:

In the editor, it would be nice if I could cick a button which previews my animation in the editor.

Prevents me from having to load my entire app to check the consistencie of the frames/origin points.

I work with lots of images, so my projects tend to take a bit before loaded.

If you right click your animation there is preview option.

• Katala

Oi, thanks for that :D

That I missed that, silly <_<

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For the SVN suggestion, I guess it has to do with how you've setted up the SVN server and is out of C2's scope.

How to collaborate on projects with SVN

ollaborating on projects

Construct 2 does not contain any of its own collaboration features, since there are already good free professional-grade tools available which can work with Construct 2 projects.

• Kyatric

Yeah I dabbled with svn already, with construct2 and before.

Seeing as there is already a server feature in construct2, its very feasable to implement a web access connection, potentially enabling construct 2 program to talk to other construct 2 programs.

With the mentioned approach, it would be a native build approach within construct 2. At least, thats how I envisioned it.

• There isn't really a server feature.

It's taking advantage, for preview, of Windows' tools to provide a local server, that's it.

The preview server is not something packaged with Construct2 or maintained by Scirra.

And once again, SVN server is a different/external feature as well.

• There isn't really a server feature.

It's taking advantage, for preview, of Windows' tools to provide a local server, that's it.

The preview server is not something packaged with Construct2 or maintained by Scirra.

And once again, SVN server is a different/external feature as well.

Ohw, didnt know about that, I figured with preview over lan it did provide it, cos a little server binary is only a few mb. :)

I know SVN is a different server, I suggested using a web enabled server to mimick its functionality.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)