[SUGGESTION] Turret Behavior

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • There are two things I find that I would like to have in the turret behavior:

1) A way to get the UID for the currently targeted object. The reason for this is that I have a Turret that fires a bullet that causes an effect that lasts for a while and I would like turrets of that type to not target an enemy that has the effect on it already. (E.G. - A slow effect for the enemy)

2) Along with First and and Nearest for Target mode it would be nice to have a way of prioritizing what target is selected: Strongest, Last, Fastest, etc... If I had suggestion number 1 (above) I could code suggestion number 2.

Side question: Will there be some manual entries for the Turret and Pathfinding behaviors soon?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Doesn't the existing TargetUID expression do what you need?

For 2), if you unacquire target then use the acquire target action and pick an object within range, it should switch to targeting that object instead.

• Doesn't the existing TargetUID expression do what you need?

For 2), if you unacquire target then use the acquire target action and pick an object within range, it should switch to targeting that object instead.

GRRRRRR....

Now I feel foolish. I even saw that TargetUID last night but it did not register in my tired brain.

Thanks Ashley

• 1_ There's already a TargetUID expression available for the behavior.

A way of doing would be : example

Side question:

New features from the beta gets added to the manual in the next stable version.

According to the Ashley's release cycle, it should be available in r120 in a few weeks.

Though, templates and examples are already added/shipped with the current beta release.

I hope that helps.

Edit: Over ninja'd. Well, examples are always good I guess.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)