Suggestion : "add blank event above" keyboard shortcut

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Fill in the Blanks. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • This is something that would be very useful to me, but I can't find the keyboard shortcut in the manual.

If I have a whole bunch of event copied and just want to copy them on the same level than a subevent.

Or if I want to make some event the subevents of what's in the clipboard, I could just create a blank sub-event above, copy my clipboard event below it, delete the blank sub-event, then move the previously existing events to subevents of what I just pasted.

Not sure this is clear, but anyway, this would definitely save time in the event sheets.

• As a workaround, I got used to pressing B to create a blank subevent then just dragging it to where I want.

• Do you mean this?

[quote:33czeq9c]Shift + E or Num pad - Add event above

Shortcuts

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • zenox98

No, this is to create a complete even, i.e. you have to define what's in it. What I mean is just to create a blank event, so it's much quicker to create. It is meant to be deleted 3 seconds later anyway.

DrewMelton

That's exactly what I'm doing, but a shortcut to create a blank event above will be much more time-efficient.

• That's exactly what I'm doing, but a shortcut to create a blank event above will be much more time-efficient.

Yeah, that would be handy. Surely, they could make something like ctrl+B to create a blank event above the currently selected event.

It would come in handy for times when I don't want to define a new event from the list but rather just copy and paste nearby conditions in there really quick.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)