Suggestion: Object Swap

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 capx code source to post on Google Play
  • Maybe there is a way already to do this and I'm just ignorant, but..

Object1 set X = 100 [Copy-Paste][To change to object2 I need to delete and create a completely new event]

I would be nice to have a way to simply swap an object for another without actually changing the event.

Thanks for consideration

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • +1 for swapping/replacing the targets of actions or events rather than creating from scratch each time. :)

This would be a time saver indeed.

• I think the latest release made this a bit easier, but I still agree with a 'swap object' command.

• I think this can be done using families, but I am still on the free version so I cannot verify. I need this mechanic for my game as well.

I need to accompish:

When X object is clicked destroy Y object and Create Z object specified by X, Z Object now performs events that Y object previously did.

• Alexixiv

I think this thread is about swapping objects in the event sheet inside C2, and not during runtime.

Also, you've already posted this question in the "How do I" section. Someone will help you if they have the time, there's no need to double-post.

• Alexixiv

I think this thread is about swapping objects in the event sheet inside C2, and not during runtime.

Also, you've already posted this question in the "How do I" section. Someone will help you if they have the time, there's no need to double-post.

Yes you are right, I found this post after I had created my topic and just wanted to maximize visibility. I was confused about the purpose of this topic, sorry for the spam, and thank you for pointing that out :)

• I still think this would be a good idea ;)

• It's been on our todo list for ages. We'll get to it eventually. In the mean time since this post was made you can copy, paste, edit, back, back, pick a new object, forward, forward, done. It's a few more steps than necessary but saves you re-typing each parameter.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)