[Suggestion] Lock/Unlock Rooms (Multiplayer)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Unlock Levels, Worlds & skin plus add coins by watching ads
  • If a game is, say, for 4-5 players, and people in a round want to play with 4 players, nothing prevents a 5th player to join. It is very difficult to work around this issue. That's why manual "Lock room" and "Unlock room" actions would be very useful. Is this possible to implement?

• Lasmelan

in the Join Room code in the signalling group you can limit the number of peers by putting a value in the last field - max peers.

But, I guess if you have max peers set at 5, and a group of 4 decide to play, then you would have to have the host automatically kick out a 5th peer...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AllanR

The problem is - my lobby system makes peers join lobbies with most players (if they're not full). So if a peer wants to play, he would join the same lobby and be kicked out of it over and over again.

• Hey Las,

If you want to launch the game early all you do create a new room with a specific name (private room) and have those players go through the signal server again to join it. The max players is set to the amount of people in room before launching.

It's not as easy as simply locking and unlocking the room but it works.

• If you want to launch the game early all you do create a new room with a specific name (private room) and have those players go through the signal server again to join it. The max players is set to the amount of people in room before launching.

I thought about that. Never actually tried it out though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)