[Suggestion] Copy paste events helper

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • Hello there,

Ashley

Here's a suggestion which could improve re-usage of C2 events and help create a simple modularity:

E.g. User tries to paste events into another project, but an object, variable or the whole object type is missing.

-> Modal window pops-up with the following options:

1. If an object of the same type is missing let the user point to another object of the same type = "replace object"
        1.1. If the pointed object is missing some of the components from the object of the pasted event - let the user create all the variables and behaviors automatically -> confirm auto creation or manually
      3. If a variable is missing: 1) let the user point to another variable or 2) create a variable 4. If an object type is missing let the user create the missing object type by suggesting that object type 5. Or one button to create all of the above automatically (add new variables, add behaviors, create objects and object types)
  • xoros

I've been asking for Modularity for some time now. This would be in a fashion that a CAPX can be "included" similar to an event sheet. This would have all the objects in the CAPX listed in the Projects Objects with all ES/Layouts/Objects shown in a spcial directory. Better on top would also be public and private while also giving Function accessible from the CAPX.

Modularity is wanted. Personally especially in a way that's easy to move things over, but also packaged so that other developers can right libraries in CAPX form. So that updating the CAPX also updates the library. I find just copying ES/Objects over aren't good for lib updates.

It think it's been about 2.5 years now on the request list I'm sure it will come sooner or later.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, but I think until "true" modularity is released, it would be nice to have this kind of simple solution. I think most of the features are already implemented in C2 (e.g. object replacement), so it should not be so hard.

• +1

• Hello there,

Ashley

Here's a suggestion which could improve re-usage of C2 events and help create a simple modularity:

E.g. User tries to paste events into another project, but an object, variable or the whole object type is missing.

-> Modal window pops-up with the following options:

1. If an object of the same type is missing let the user point to another object of the same type = "replace object"
        1.1. If the pointed object is missing some of the components from the object of the pasted event - let the user create all the variables and behaviors automatically -> confirm auto creation or manually
      3. If a variable is missing: 1) let the user point to another variable or 2) create a variable 4. If an object type is missing let the user create the missing object type by suggesting that object type 5. Or one button to create all of the above automatically (add new variables, add behaviors, create objects and object types)

+1, that would be sooo helpfull to me because i often use same eventlogic but with different objects or instance variables

this feature would be totally great and save me much much time

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)