Suggestion: Construct2 dark skin

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Skin it
$20 USD
A skin plugin and behavior to add a skin system in your game.
  • Hi there,

I'm playing around with Construct2 since roughly a week and having much fun trying out different ideas I had in my mind for ages - it is really an awesome tool =). One thing that I really would like to see in future versions is the possibility to switch to a dark skin. It is easier on the eyes when you work for several hours, and therefore I use a dark skin in every software that provides that option. Have a look at the new photoshop, at modo or unity pro to get an idea what I'm talking about. I can understand that a dark skin won't fit as the default, as it looks more "intimidating" and less friendly for new and potentially new users, so I wouldn't change that. If it is a serious task to implement that feature, you could also consider making it only for the paid versions of construct. I think it might even be another reason for some people to upgrade. Unfortunately I already have, so there is one less customer you could have convinced to buy for that reason - just kidding ;)

Thanks again for that awesome tool and feel free to tell me your opinion on my suggestion. See you around!

• I agree with OPs whole idea. A dark skin would be just awesome.

• Not a bad idea, though not something everyone would love. I actually prefer a white screen as compared to black. I always switch photoshop to the old white layout because black mades things harder for me to find somehow.

• Have you tried the Office 2007 Black theme? What do you think?

• Have you tried the Office 2007 Black theme? What do you think?My opinion about that theme is that it's pretty neat, it would be a great start for the theme (tho I do agree with OP about the greatness of Unity Pro Black)

• for me why don't you guys put all the gray colors like in photoshop cs6 , there is a dark gray, normal gray, light gray ... so on. i know the interface need alot of improvement and it will take a while , i can wait that while ^^ hope see them ^^

• Does that black theme affect the event editor though? It'd be nice to have a dark grey for the event sheets, I think I saw that Ashley uses a dark theme in his code editor (in a screenshot I think).

• Hi Ashley,

I tried the Office 2007 Black skin, but to be honest, it isn't very close to that what I would like to see. Have a look here: ephotozine.com/articles/aeon3-photoshop-cs6-18783/images/cs6-main-screen.jpg

The Office skin for instance does not touch the white background of the property window, nor, and much more important, the event sheets.

• Hi Ashley,

I tried the Office 2007 Black skin, but to be honest, it isn't very close to that what I would like to see. Have a look here: ephotozine.com/articles/aeon3-photoshop-cs6-18783/images/cs6-main-screen.jpg

The Office skin for instance does not touch the white background of the property window, nor, and much more important, the event sheets.

I hate to, considering I already said Office theme is cool (I do think it is still), but I got to change my last statement and say that'd be just awesome.

I'm with this guy on this. Maybe you could make it a pro feature only - like Unity does.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just googled black skin in construct 2 and came to this thread. Glad I'm not the only one thinking of this - it would be a major improvement while working at night for me. Sad to hear there's no solution to it so far.

• I just googled black skin in construct 2 and came to this thread. Glad I'm not the only one thinking of this - it would be a major improvement while working at night for me. Sad to hear there's no solution to it so far.

You've bumped and responded to a thread that is 3 years old.

What about 'File/Preferences/Colors' where you can select a skin or create your own.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)