Suggestion: Add Tags to Animation names and other things

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest adding tags, that can be used to check animations and all other things that conditions are based of checking a string, and that do not have tags yet ( with exception of variables ).

As it stands, I'm working with one other person, and since he is using different naming conventions then I do, I'll have to change loads of events now to accommodate his naming conventions. Having tags would let me call or check particular animation ( and whatever else there is that require to manually edit the name inside condition) by tag, letting him or me change the names freely without affecting the actual events.

Thanks!

• Maybe you can make the conditions for animation check a sub-event and then right-click it and say "make OR block". That way the code above and below wouldn't need to change.

• Maybe you can make the conditions for animation check a sub-event and then right-click it and say "make OR block". That way the code above and below wouldn't need to change.

Tanks, but that's not good enough.

• Why is it not good enough? You can check for every possible animation name your colleague is using, and sticking to the same naming standards is generally the best practice overall.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why is it not good enough? You can check for every possible animation name your colleague is using, and sticking to the same naming standards is generally the best practice overall.

Not that simple unfortunately ^^''

• Ah okay (eg: animations could be switched automatically by platform movement/etc)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)