Sudden issue with the "Gamepad" plugin

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • I was on r153 for a while and only recently updated to r170. I had set up a configurable control method that worked just fine in r153 (the gamepad was detected in Firefox, Chrome, Node-Webkit, etc). However, since updating, I've noticed that Node-Webkit fails to detect my gamepad, whereas any browser will just fine. I'm just wondering if anything major has changed between r153 and r170 that would result in a sudden loss of detection while using Node-Webkit.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• I'm having the same issue, it was working around r153 for me but now in r170 my gamepad isn't even detected in node-webkit. Works fine in the Chrome browser, but not node-webkit which is what I'm developing for. I should note, my gamepad is not an Xbox controller, it's a Gigaware generic PS2-style one.

• I seem to remember Ashley mentioned there is an issue with the version of chrome within node-webkit that has broken a few things, and that it should be fixed when a new version of node-webkit is released.

Maybe Ash or someone else has more info.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hope so. Until then, I will just use Chrome to develop the gamepad features of my game until it works in Node-Webkit again.

• i can confirm that with an official xbox controller everything works with node so maybe it has to do with drivers and unofficial game pads.

• Upon further testing, when I try it in Chrome, everytime I close my game I have to totally restart Chrome or else my gamepad no longer registers when I reopen my game.

• i can confirm that with an official xbox controller everything works with node so maybe it has to do with drivers and unofficial game pads.

I use a Logitech controller, so that may be why. I don't have a 360 controller I can actually use to test it unfortunately, so I can only hope a fix comes along eventually.

• I know Node-Webkit isn't designed by Scirra but Construct 2 always has its bugs and related issues fixed really quickly so I'm sure this will be handled really soon too. I just need to get an Xbox controller sometime so I can have a surefire way to test gamepads.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)