sub frames?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I remember when i used Multimedia Fusion that it had a good feature called "sub frame" or "sub app", can't quite remember it's been a while. Anyway it was an object that you inserted onto the layout which allowed you to display another layout inside of it, basically a frame inside a frame. I found it really useful for creating menu systems and gui's since they were interactive and not just a display.

I wonder if this would be possible in Construct? Ashley

• I vaguely remember a discussion about the ability to display multiple layouts at the same time - I could be making this up though, I'm tired!

Layers have always worked for me in this regard, but I'll be following this thread with interest.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think you can achieve this by using Global Layers and a shared event sheet.

• I think you can achieve this by using Global Layers and a shared event sheet.

One major advantage it had was that the sub app had it's own frame size so you couldn't see any objects out side it's boarder, in that regard it acted as a mask, which is not achievable with layers.

[attachment=0:354pu5lk][/attachment:354pu5lk]

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)