Strange behavior with variables.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Strange factory themed set of tiles for your platformer game
  • Hello, I do not understand this behavior that has C2 create a variable that was previously deleted.

In this gif you can see the following:

1 - It eliminates the variable named "variable2" and its reference in the OR block is automatically deleted - OK

2 - Copy the variable "variable3" and paste, automatically assigned the name "variable4" and AUTOMATICALLY appears again reference in the OR block - ???, I'm not sure this is appropriate behavior.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/testVariable.capx

What do you think about this?

• Probably a bug with the undo's

Then again, copy and paste of a variable is a little iffy as well. I mean we all know you can't have a duplicate global variable to begin with.

Quick fix, don't let users do that.

• Report this as a bug so that Ashley can look into it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • - Thank You for reporting this.

This is a bit dangerous bug if somehow you want to delete all actions & conditions concerning a variable by deleting the variable but decided to copy the variable before deleting the variable. And when you decide to paste the variable, this will make your entire project a mess. Good thing I didn't encounter this.

BTW (I like to share my experience with your .capx)... The bug also happen in these conditions.

1) With / Without the "Or Block".

2) Even just by copying the (to be deleted) variable and re-pasting the variable also produce a bug.

3)It also happens to any kind of variable names.

4)It also happens when dragging to duplicate variables.

5)It also happens even if the variable was deleted a long time ago.

6)The actions are also affected like the conditions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)