Standalone Mac/Linux/Whatever exporter

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hey-o... was just wondering if a standalone (i.e., not tied to the GUI) exporter for Construct 2 is a possibility in the future, if you've thought about it, and if not...

... THINK ABOUT IT!

... kbye.

[edit] Oh, and I would like to clarify that the exporter would be for exporting to the target platform natively... for the purpose of, say, taking advantage of OpenGL (or any other graphical system).

[edit2] ... kbye.

• I'm stupid, so I can't answer =[ I think it's a good idea, though

• I believe the plan is to allow the creation of exporters to any platform.

From the FAQ:

[quote:3ityeret]Q: What are these exporters I'm hearing about?

A: Exporters compile projects into various formats for use on different platforms. This time they are modular and can be made by anyone, just like a plugin.

Q: Why is HTML5 the main exporter?

A: The HTML5 exporter is being made first mainly because it is multiplatform. Having immediate multiplatform support is meant to attract as many users to C2 as early as possible.

Q: Will there be an EXE exporter?

A: Yes, eventually. Either the Scirra devs will make one, or a third-party will make one. With the modular exporter system, it could be both. By the time C2 can be used for much, there will probably be an EXE exporter.

• Do you mean an exporter that exports a .capx file to the given platform without launching the Construct 2 editor?

What would be the point of that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you mean an exporter that exports a .capx file to the given platform without launching the Construct 2 editor?

What would be the point of that?

No, I mean executable binary files.

[edit]R0J0hound: I think that answers my question.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)