Sprite illumination in C2

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Find pleasure in juggling balls with this basic HTML5 template
  • Hi, i just found this:

https://www.codeandweb.com/spriteilluminator

is there a way to put something like this inside C2?

• That looks like fantastic piece of software. If you look into the support section, it does say that it is supported by C2 so that is definitely good news.

Haha to be honest, I had no idea C2 was able to support normal maps. Needless to say, I immediately open C2 to have a look, and I think it is in the effect section, at the bottom, there is the normal mapping option. It works, but wondering what the performance dropoff will be like vs the number of normal mapping objects we use.

• That looks really useful.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As long as the rendering is done in OpenGL shaders (which I suppose Construct is doing) the impact on the frame rate should not be big.

I would like to set up a tutorial for C2 but - unfortunately I don't know much about the engine...

I could offer a free SpriteIlluminator license if somebody has time to work with me on a tutorial.

• As long as the rendering is done in OpenGL shaders (which I suppose Construct is doing) the impact on the frame rate should not be big.

I would like to set up a tutorial for C2 but - unfortunately I don't know much about the engine...

I could offer a free SpriteIlluminator license if somebody has time to work with me on a tutorial.

Well, damn, I would help you writing it, but would not be able to help you on the programming side.

• It would be done with webGL effect, there are 2 existing plugnins are Pode's dynamic light and Gameswrap Studio Normal Map effect, it's just effect with parameters and import JSON for settings.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)