Sprite cursor disappears near viewport coordinates

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Mouse cursor is something that the player controls and sees all the time, that's why it is so important to make it cool!
  • Hi folks

I'm using the Mouse action "set cursor style" to play with a custom asset.

The sprite I'm using for that is at 42x42 and it is visible, placed somewhere outside the layer at negative coordinates. Of course, all this is preceded by the Mouse action "set cursor style" to normal. And I'm using r255.

When I launch the game, the Sprite appears but the problem is when the Mouse.X/Y approaches to the edges of the layout, before it gets there, the custom mouse-cursor dissappears, leaving just the original cursor (Windows cursor for me).

This problem is pretty visible in fullscreen mode (any of them).

I searched everywhere on the forums but I didn't find this specific problem, that's what concerns me.

I only found 2 alternative solutions for that :

- "a blocking solution" which prevent the cursor to get out of a certain rezolution (meaning the viewportRight/Left/Top/Bottom plus or less the Sprite's origin you get on the Sprite Editor). This solution is not optimal if you ever have any inputs near the edge of the viewport.

- instead, always setting the Sprite at Mouse.X/Y with a cursor style set to "none". But you all know it, this a more laggy solution.

Btw the Sprite's Origin is note quite centered (like many custom cursors) but as you change it, the problem is still there: the Sprite will "unload" as your cursor approach the edges of the secreen, depending on where the Origin is on the Sprite Editor.

I really would use the "set cursor style" action anywhere on the screen for a better flow.

Did I miss something obvious ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ps: I mixed up between two actions, I'm talking about the "set cursor from a sprite" action, not "set cursor style" (I just set the style to "normal" and that's all).

• (EDIT: apparently this problem appears when the size of your Sprite cursor is higher than 32x32)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)