Sounds doesn't works on edge?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
On the Edge is a puzzle game where you have 40 levels to have fun with.
  • Hi all,

Do you know if the audio works on edge? because if I preview the game with chrome there is any problem about the audio, but with edge doesn't works... I load .ogg sounds...

Another thing I noticed... I tried one old projects that was running perfect on chrome (60fps) now, I don't know why, in chrome run 30-50 fps without any change in the projects... in edge run so much better... strange

• I load sounds in both formats, just the one is not good enough for edge. M4a is supported.

It is also my experience of consistently better fps performance by edge.

• I load sounds in both formats, just the one is not good enough for edge. M4a is supported.

It is also my experience of consistently better fps performance by edge.

ah ok, so I have to reload all of the sounds in .m4a

Ashley, do you know why chrome is less performance than edge? I mean, there is a very big difference on it... I tried to load the same project ( ) and is 30/20 fps less than edge, and another thing... If I use the debugging mode, in edge run 60 fps!!!, chrome always run 40fps less in every projects in the debugging mode... like (10-20 fps )

the same project, like 8 months ago was running 60fps in chrome, but in the debugging mode like 20fps... so, edge is so much better in performance

• In debug mode, chrome is awful. At least the end product should not be this bad. It runs better in the profile mode of the debugger. Nonetheless, edge seems faster when not using the debugger. There are a number of potentially recommended things to look at in chrome to improve performance (none worked for me). Ultimately, if the end user suffers issues playing your game they will not blame chrome, or try and make chrome work, they'll blame the game

• For me explorer 11 with debugging is super-smooth, with chrome there is much slow down in debugging.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yes but here there is a big problem...

the same project that I posted before, was running 60fps in chrome 1 year ago (you can see in the video, run 60fps while I was recording the screen!), now I don't know why, the same project in chrome run 30-50 fps... maybe they change something in the new version of chrome? that sounds strange... or maybe construct2? I dont think so... I don't know why there is this big difference...should be some bug or some issue in performance... and the fps in construct2 are very important, because if the game run 30-50 fps when you play the game you see a lot of lag, also if run 50fps, because chrome change everytime the fps without any reason...

someone noticed that? or I am the only one?

after 1 years the performance should be better...

In debug mode, chrome is awful. At least the end product should not be this bad. It runs better in the profile mode of the debugger. Nonetheless, edge seems faster when not using the debugger.

edge in the debug mode of construct2 run 60fps without any lag! so, chrome really sucks... chrome with the debug run 2-20 fps and that is ridiculous (and that was before too)

• The first thing you should check is what Chrome says at chrome://gpu.

• The first thing you should check is what Chrome says at chrome://gpu.

Ashley

I will check later when I'm home... I will make a test to see the difference between chrome and edge...

but I'm sure edge is much better than chrome... first thing you can see in debugging mode of construct2... edge doesn't have any lag...chrome could run like 2-20fps and that make impossible to test a game...

anyway sounds strange, I repeat, same projects, different fps in 1 year... but not a small difference, 20-30 fps is a big difference...I'm sure there is something that make this lag in chrome

• Google update their hardware blacklist if they find systems with buggy or unreliable drivers/hardware, so it could be that your system now falls back to software rendering.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)