- to generate your KEY
- to sign APKs with generated KEY
- to align signed APKs
it's almost one-click-solution
### How to generate key file, sign APK and align APK for Android ###
Use APK Signer from code.google.com/p/apk-signer
Step 1: in JDK Path select place of Java components on your computer, for example: C:\...\Java\jdk.1.7.0_07\bin
HOW TO GENERATE KEY?
Step 2) Go to Key Generator tab
- select password for your key file
- select alias for your key file (for example: like name on Google Play, i.e. tonythedeveloper, maximumgamezzz, ilovemyapps)
- select password for your alias
- put other data (name, surname etc)
- select name for your keyfile in "Save as..." (for example: my_key.keystore)
CLICK "Generate Keyfile"
HOW TO SIGN APK?
Step 3) Go to "Signer" tab
Click "Load Keyfile" and select your key file
Put password to key file (if OK, then you will see your alias in dropdown)
Put password for your alias
Select APK to sign in "Load target file..."
HOW TO ALIGN APK?
Step 4) Go to "APK alignment" tab
Click "Load APK file" and select your APK file
Click "Align" button
- Do not align APK file before signing it -
- Always use 1 key file to sign ALL your apps -
please send 10$ to poor children in Cambodia :)