[Solved] Crosswalk for Android in XDK problems.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • I've been using Crosswalk in XDK for a couple of months now, and i've been really happy with everything

But today i can't build my game, the same game i've built like a dozens times before with no problems at all.

So I wonder, are there something we should be aware of in construct? are there things that can mess up a XDk build?

I tired with a brand new export of a brand new capx, and it built fine. So I know if it's something, it's my game... but why? D:

and of course, the error message only says: "The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again"

which isn't helpful at all. I've been using the same assets for previous successful builds, and even tried with the default ones. Then i reinstalled XDK just in case.

anyway, does anyone have any idea what makes a build fail?

• IntelRobert, do you know the error message?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again"

the same assets had worked countless times before. and even with the default xdk assets it wouldn't build.

• Update: still can't solve this. Still get the same error.

The new XDK may update hasn't change anything for me.

• not sure if I can help.

I just followed first tutorial which shooting monster thing

and built my first APK using intel XDK just now.

I built without problem and the apk working fine on my galaxy S3 LOL

• "The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again"

the same assets had worked countless times before. and even with the default xdk assets it wouldn't build.

I've saw people having build problems due to special characters being used before, even though It didn't happened to me, maybe it could be somewhere to search.

(Also, if you have an older version of your project, maybe you should try and see if it bug too)

• Aphrodite damn, old version of the project does build. It's really old tough...

intelrobert asked me for my info so he could check my project in their system.

I'd rather wait for this to be fixed properly over "re-making" my entire project =/

• Aphrodite damn, old version of the project does build. It's really old tough...

intelrobert asked me for my info so he could check my project in their system.

I'd rather wait for this to be fixed properly over "re-making" my entire project =/

I agree, was just suggesting in case it helps finding the differences so the issue can be identified properly

• I feel like an idiot. I had added like 50 files for the start menu, and one of the files had an "ñ" in it.

It completely slipped my mind. I was so sure I had named everything with "regular" characters.

But anyway, it was really easy to fix in the end. and I've successfully built my project again.

Robert said it was a bug they were looking to fix though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)