Snapshot Canvas extension?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Hi everyone,

I personally believe that the official snapshot to canvas system expression should be extended by giving us the option to snapshot a certain area of the canvas.

For example, you could have a system action -> Snapshot canvas -> Location of snapshot is X1, Y1 and X2 Y2 giving us a box area of which the canvas will be snapshot.

I would custom make a plugin myself, but I do not have the knowledge of Javascript to do that. I know there is a plugin for this right now, called c2i or Canvas 2 Image here: https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=68493&p=581825&hilit=canvas2image#p581825

it works, however this plugin snapshot area is way inaccurate, I give coordinates of snapshot and it doesn't line up to the coordinates given very well, and accuracy is very important in my app.

If someone is willing to create the plugin, I would be happy to pay for it.

Thanks.

• Hi everyone,

I personally believe that the official snapshot to canvas system expression should be extended by giving us the option to snapshot a certain area of the canvas.

For example, you could have a system action -> Snapshot canvas -> Location of snapshot is X1, Y1 and X2 Y2 giving us a box area of which the canvas will be snapshot.

I would custom make a plugin myself, but I do not have the knowledge of Javascript to do that. I know there is a plugin for this right now, called c2i or Canvas 2 Image here: https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=68493&p=581825&hilit=canvas2image#p581825

it works, however this plugin snapshot area is way inaccurate, I give coordinates of snapshot and it doesn't line up to the coordinates given very well, and accuracy is very important in my app.

If someone is willing to create the plugin, I would be happy to pay for it.

Thanks.

GameThirsty

I think the paster plugin can do what you want currently :

you just paste the area and layers you want to screenshot, than you get the dataURI of it.

• > Hi everyone,

>

> I personally believe that the official snapshot to canvas system expression should be extended by giving us the option to snapshot a certain area of the canvas.

>

> For example, you could have a system action -> Snapshot canvas -> Location of snapshot is X1, Y1 and X2 Y2 giving us a box area of which the canvas will be snapshot.

>

> I would custom make a plugin myself, but I do not have the knowledge of Javascript to do that. I know there is a plugin for this right now, called c2i or Canvas 2 Image here: https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=68493&p=581825&hilit=canvas2image#p581825

>

> it works, however this plugin snapshot area is way inaccurate, I give coordinates of snapshot and it doesn't line up to the coordinates given very well, and accuracy is very important in my app.

>

> If someone is willing to create the plugin, I would be happy to pay for it.

>

> Thanks.

>

GameThirsty

I think the paster plugin can do what you want currently :

you just paste the area and layers you want to screenshot, than you get the dataURI of it.

Aphrodite

Interesting, I came across this plugin before, so basically I just "paste" an area which I want to screenshot, and retrieve the dataURL out of it? So its kind of like a "fake" snapshot/ crop?

• Aphrodite

Ahhh I see, Paste Object to canvas and load it using the Paster.imageURL and it kind of "Crops" the area...

Thanks my friend, you saved my life.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Aphrodite

Ahhh I see, Paste Object to canvas and load it using the Paster.imageURL and it kind of "Crops" the area...

Thanks my friend, you saved my life.

I just tried to see, and there is no "Paste layer", so you would have to paste all objects concerned, which is a bummer (the canvas plugin however let you paste a layer, but I think it works not the same exact way so I can't say for sure how to do it)

• > Aphrodite

>

> Ahhh I see, Paste Object to canvas and load it using the Paster.imageURL and it kind of "Crops" the area...

>

> Thanks my friend, you saved my life.

>

I just tried to see, and there is no "Paste layer", so you would have to paste all objects concerned, which is a bummer (the canvas plugin however let you paste a layer, but I think it works not the same exact way so I can't say for sure how to do it)

Aphrodite

Basically all I needed was to essentially "crop" a sprite. Because im making a sort of cropping system for profile pictures in my app. So this paster plugin should do a fine job of that.

This plugin has a far superior accuracy then the plugin I was using too which is a good thing!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)