Small feature requests

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Various Bell Sounds (from small to huge) / 35 Unique Clips / 2:46 minutes of audio
  • Edit: decided to keep adding to the first post.

Some simple but useful editor features I'd like to see

1. Search that keeps the found item(s) in view after uncollapsing.

a. Perform a Search in the event sheet

b. Select an event/action

c. Clear the search

d. The selected event/action is still selected and visible

Item d is the important part

2. Search and replace of text in the event sheet

I'm referring to quoted text, i.e. strings.

e.g. changing the name of a function is tedious if there are many calls. Although from now on I will follow my own advice and use a constant text variable for each function. But that's just one example.

3. 'Simple' search in the event sheet

i.e. Just highlight the next found item in the event sheet, without collapsing. WITH A HOTKEY PLEASE e.g. F3 Find Next

3b. Highlighting of all found text

If I search for MyDumbVariableName123, please make them all stand out on my event sheet.

4. Hotkeys for things like alignment in the Layout editor

e.g. Alt-LeftArrow to align left edges, etc.

4b. Align by object centres (vert/horiz)

For aligning objects that aren't the same height/width.

5. Less confusing enable/disable of events/actions

I'm not saying I have the solution, but it does drive me to distraction sometimes.

6. Breakpoints that work

I guess there's some low-level reason why we can't set breakpoints on 'triggered or looping branches' but it would be nice.

7. 'Default' sprite a bit smaller

Why so big, 250x250? 50x50 would be fine IMO. Or an option to set the default size..

8. Search all event sheets

If we follow good practices and have modular event sheets, it's impossible to search them all at once (e.g. where did I define function xyz?) I'm using notepad++ at the moment to do this (with a hotkey to trigger it within C2).

That's all for now

• Yeah +!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well it's all already in R175.

The view is not centered on the condition/action itself but at least when you have found the event/action you're looking for and selecting it, you have the event number on the left column that lets you know where it is in the current even sheet.

• Well it's all already in R175.

The view is not centered on the condition/action itself but at least when you have found the event/action you're looking for and selecting it, you have the event number on the left column that lets you know where it is in the current even sheet.

I'm using 175 and I haven't seen what I've described. It's a small thing that would make my life easier many times a day Thing is, the event might be buried in groups, subevents, etc. and you still have to go 'searching' for it. Even a Ctrl-G "goto event" would be nice.

• Simple ideas for the search feature..

1. Highlight the found items in some fluoro colours

2a. After a search, allow double-click on an event/line that then clears the search and takes us to that event/line

and/or

2b. After a search, we select a line, clear the search, and we remain on that line (even if that line of code was folded).

3. Have a goto feature; e.g. type Ctrl-G, type in event #, navigates to that event

• Might as well keep adding to this.

Could we have 'search and replace' of text in the event sheet?

I'm referring to quoted text, i.e. strings.

e.g. changing the name of a function is tedious if there are many calls. Although from now on I will follow my own advice and use a constant text variable for each function. But that's just one example.

• +1 for a search and replace

• +1 for a search and replace

yes please. +1

• Also, search in document for those times you forget which event sheet you need.

• Also, search in document for those times you forget which event sheet you need.

Sounds good.

• I would like to F6 to run debugger, not export. Simply because you debug stuff more often then export it. CTRL+F6 is problematic, because you can't use it with one hand only :/

Or for the best an option in preferences so you could setup your own keyboard shortcuts.

• You can change the hotkey..

In the top toolbar (small one) click the dropdown next to the debug button, select More Commands, then the Customize button down the bottom.

Unfortunately not everything can be given a hotkey.

• Added 3b, 4b and 8. Ashley please consider some of these They are daily useability things that can drive you crazy.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)