Signalling server acting up.

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • The Scirra signalling sever is acting weird.

current error message: [object Event]

• hello again lennaert i am wondering this also, i am developing atm and suddenly i cannot connect to signalling server, not sure if i broke some code but i think also the pong example capx is stopped working so perhaps something serverside?

• It has been down suddenly while I was testing my multiplayer game .... my day >.<

• hello again lennaert i am wondering this also, i am developing atm and suddenly i cannot connect to signalling server, not sure if i broke some code but i think also the pong example capx is stopped working so perhaps something serverside?

Nope, you did not brake anything

The server appears up but is giving weird responses, the error message now states: [object Event]

Ashley

• has anyone tried to see what is the object that is being returned? i should really log to console or something to check, but just wondering if anyone has already tried and if so if it says anything helpful

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Same problem here. Suddenly the multiplayer game we are developing has been giving connection errors to the signalling server.

Anyone knows if this is going to being solved soon?

• Also, does anyone know if this has happened before, or whether Scirra has some kind of SLA for uptime for the multiplayer server? Our game is (as yours may of course be) entirely multiplayer, so if we were live, this kind of thing would be terrible. I suppose the solution, when the game is live, is to purchase and use the signalling server?

• sidneycat

Yes this can happen more often and I do not think they have a SLA covering their uptime for the multiplayer signalling server.

Purchasing and hosting your own signalling server can improve reliability, as you could manage it any moment you want and that you would be serving only your games.

• Sorry, we had to reboot it for windows updates and it ended up being offline for a bit longer than intended. It's back up and running now.

If you are worried about downtime you can always run your own signalling server, but you'll need to reboot that for updates from time to time too.

• Thanks Ashley, it is indeed working again

In the past, linux required less updating :\ but its just as bad as windows these days

• Thanks ASHLEY. Working here too.

The only "problem" in this situation is the lack of information of what the problem is, and the estimated downtime.

• Thanks ASHLEY. Working here too.

The only "problem" in this situation is the lack of information of what the problem is, and the estimated downtime.

Perhaps, instead of "[object Event]" The Multiplayer.ErrorMessage could throw out: Unable to connect

• well, object event is probably an object, so we could/should have looked at what it actually contained.

but yes, it would be nice to know in advance when we are having downtime on the signalling server and for how long.

• well, object event is probably an object, so we could/should have looked at what it actually contained.

but yes, it would be nice to know in advance when we are having downtime on the signalling server and for how long.

+1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)