SFX Latency on Android - Help!

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello there,

I am creating a small game but I notice huge latencies on Android devices, so I created an simple app to play a sound whenever a sprite is being touched.

I have a latency of about 200-300ms on my Samsung Galaxy S6

Same happens on an S4 and on a Tab 7.0

Latency occurs either if exported as HTML5 or made apk with crosswalk.

On iOS and Windows it works flawless.

Is this normal? Is this being addressed? Can I do something about it?

Here's a demo video: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=109_1445598241

Here's the app I made to test https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/327 ... 0Test.capx

• Hello Alejocazu

Yes, there is that sound latency on android devices. Currently there is no way around it. I have found, for me at least, that the more powerful the device the lower the latency

on my TAB 2 there is a massive latency and on my S6 very little while my TAB 3 and S4 have the same 200-300ms latency you are referring to.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your reply!

So is this a Scirra issue (i.e. can I use another program and will have less latency?) or an Android issue? Is this being addressed?

• Not sure, but I also make android games with click team fusion 2.5 developer. There is no latency when I use that app on the same devices.

Android sound latency has been like that for as long as I have been part of this community, there has been some talk about it on the forums but I don't think it will change any time soon. For now I've just learned to live with it.

• Well after having downloaded a couple of applications that require short latency (a piano, guitar, drums) I've noticed that the latency, although existant, it's WAY lower than Construct's 300ms.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)