How to set max framerate!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Support AdType ( AppOpenAd, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad Rewarded Ad, MREC Ad) support c3 build service
  • Hey,

Have you ever wanted to be able to manually set max framerate for testing purposes. To my knowledge, there is no way to do this in construct 2, However, I have a hack that works quite well.

Go to your graphics properties (it may be in the system tray, or you may have to access it in the control panel)

Change the refresh rate of your monitor (ex 40hz or 60 hz).

Construct 2 fps will not exceed the refresh rate of the monitor. Note that not all monitors are equal and some will look awful with particular refresh rates. Also, you may not have the option, but if you need a way to test multiple frame rates this method is nice!

• Ah I might try that.

The method I've been using is to create unseen objects every tick and then stop spawning them once the FPS drops to the desired amount.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah I might try that.

The method I've been using is to create unseen objects every tick and then stop spawning them once the FPS drops to the desired amount.

Thats what I used to do as well. It gets the job done though in a rather roundabout manner.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)