It actually loads perfectly when exported and runs at a solid framerate when exported to my ipod touch. So really the question now is, what is the most efficient way to preview a project that has a lot of sprites? Or any way to decrease preview times?
This thread is meant for those that have huuuuuuge projects and I want to get insight on how they deal with preview times. Like i'm talking, HUGE projects.
I've been working on this project for a good two months now, it's a fighting game.
Ultimately that means several, SEVERAL sprites. I wanted to get all the fighter's images complete before I proceeded in doing anything else in construct 2 to see if it can even handle them. As I added them, the preview times became worse and worse.
When I finally completed importing every character's sprites, the preview time was unbearable, but it still worked.
Now, today, I started doing the stages. Before then I had one stage, but today I completed two. After I finished this second stage and previewed, it finally happened. I now get a red loading bar and it always hangs at 97%. I hear the fans of my computer going off and then shortly after it gets to 97%, they stop, which I assume says that its not even going to bother to finish loading whatever the remaining 3% is.
Now, I CAN refresh it and it will eventually load normally, but the atrocious load time is still there.
I don't have an exact count of how many images I have, but when I copied my project folder and pasted it somewhere else, it said copying 7,095 items.....yyyeaahh....
I don't want to give anyone a link to the files to try and test it themselves because I simply do not trust anybody and don't want anyone stealing what I have soaked numerous hours in (55 hours for the fighters alone). I don't want to show it yet because I want it to be a surprise too.
What i've come up with is that I'm going to have two project folders, Engine, and then STAGE TESTING. In the stage testing capx, I've deleted every fighter besides one, and now the load time is obviously much better and I can test stages faster and then paste the new code from the stage testing to the original engine capx.
Is there anyway that I can have it so that instead of loading everything at once, I can load things only when I call for them? Like going from a main menu then to somewhere else it goes to a loading screen?
Better question is there just anything I can do to prevent a red preview bar?
My project is designed to work for mobile devices, specifically the Ipod Touch 6th generation (1136 x 640) with its 64bit processor, but with this kind of preview load time I feel like i'm going to be end everything real soon if it won't load on a cocoonjs export. Thanks for reading, very frustrated, very upset, already punched a hole in a wall i'm dead serious. Help if you can, I know I probably won't get much help when i'm not offering any links to my project but hey, how can you blame me with something this big.