Screen vs Game Resolution

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • I don't have the device to test these issues so here goes....

If my layout is 1080p I assume it will scale down to a 1366x768 screen resolution without any problems.

However, if I have a compare x condition what exactly happens there? Is that resolution independent?

Finally, will a live advert look smaller on the 1080p screen than on the lower resolution one?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Layout co-ordinates are not affected by the display being scaled. So you don't need to worry about that at all. Scaling is purely cosmetic, like watching a movie on a bigger cinema screen doesn't change how far the characters are walking in the movie world.

• I've been wondering about what kind of 'base' resolution is ideal for a widescreen game, actually, especially one with high-quality art assets. It's a bit tricky to figure it out, to say the least.

• Great to hear. Cheers.

Candescence I chose 1080p for this project because it's got fairly simple assets. I suppose it's a matter of balancing image quality and size in MB. But in general, I think I'll try to make the base 1080p from now on.

• 1080P is a good widescreen resolution. Or stick to 768 if you are going for Ipad gaming. Aim for making graphics for the highest resolution of the largest device you are targetting.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)