Screen Tearing

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hi folks,

I'm prototyping some basic platformer ideas, and I'm getting a fair bit of screen tearing (I think that's what it's called). Have a look here...

dl.dropbox.com/u/20694757/blendedGarden/index.html

I'm using .pngs for all the foreground and character images -- maybe this is contributing to the problem?

Is there a way for me to improve performance in this area? I've tried Windows, Mac, Firefox and Chrome, and all pretty much the same.

Cheers

• Hey Bird,

I didnt get any screen tearing - can you post the cap.x or show us a picture of what it should look like?

From what I know, tearing issues have been related to old graphics card drivers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What OS and browser are you using/have you tried?

Looks perfectly smooth here on Chrome 18 on Windows 7. I've seen Firefox have some issues with tearing, but Chrome and IE9 V-sync pretty well.

You may also have out of date graphics card drivers which means you're seeing a slow, tearing software renderer. Updating may help fix that.

• Thanks guys - as long as it looks ok generally then I'm happy

I'm using Firefox 11 and Mac OSX 10.6

Also Firefox 11 and the latest Chrome on Windows Vista

both Mac and Windows were about the same -- not extreme tearing, but noticeable. I've seen other platform games in the Scirra arcade running with no noticeable tear at all, so I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

I noticed that when I start using larger PNGs the tearing becomes much worse.

**update** I've just tried Chrome on Mac OSX10.6 and it's perfect, no tearing. So it looks like a combination of my old PC and of Firefox causing minor issues

Thanks guys! Love your work Ashley!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)