rogue like

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This voice-over sound library features a female protagonist character with an edge and a knack for sarcasm.
  • Hello everyone

Im new to construct, only tried about a couple of hours, and would like to hear some opinions, i wanted to create a roguelike game, already did some small point and click games in AGS and visionaire, but was searching for a game engine that could handle

-random maps generator

-turn bases moves and combat

-leveling

-equip gear

The basic for a rogue like game, so could construct handle this? Any suggestion? Will it be too hard?

Thank you and sorry for my english

• Totally doable. Not too difficult for mid-level users. Just a few somewhat tricky things you need to wrap your head around, mostly to do with array manipulation. There are plenty of threads and/or tutorials covering all of the requirements you've mentioned.

Good luck with your project, and be sure to post your progress!

• More a question of. Can you create it. Most open based systems it's not about can X do Y, but can you do X with y. Sometimes the answer is no. Lack of understanding, skill, jumping into the deep end without learning to swim.

The answer is yes. C2 can make rogue like games. Can you make rogue game with C2. I can't answer that.

• Check out this post if you haven't already-

You may have to do some digging, but it has a lot of methods for mechanics you can apply to your game.

• Thank you for the replies, actually right now i was searching for some tutorials about this, and jayderyu i totally understand what you mean, but what i was asking is if construct have the necessary tools not if i have the skills to do so =)

• "but what i was asking is if construct have the necessary tools not if i have the skills to do so"

Couldn't hurt to look around, download the free version, and see for yourself!

(yes, yes it does.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Of course it has the tools necessary to make a rogue-like. You just need to learn how to use them

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)