[Request / Suggestion] Random sound pitch

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template for top-down view games)
  • A way to control the sounds pitch would have been really useful. Especially sounds that are used more often than others, like gunshots for example. It will quickly start to sound a bit static to listen to the exactly same tone over and over.

Request / Suggestion:

• Can set the sound to play at a RANDOM pitch value everytime it is being played.
    • Can set the sound to play at a STATIC pitch value everytime it is being played.
    • Can set a number value on how much the sound should pitch up and/or pitch down.
  • Have a look here (Audio Effects):

https://www.scirra.com/manual/109/audio

I think more HTML5 doesn't allow for now. But for short sounds you can

provide different versions without having too big files. Put three sounds in

one file, then chose the playing position with code. (with "Seek to")

• You can get more or less achieve this by setting the playback rate to something like 0.8 + random(0.4)

• You can get more or less achieve this by setting the playback rate to something like 0.8 + random(0.4)

Ah, thank you for the clarifying! But, doesn't that also affect the speed of the sound?

Also, just found out about something called "Doppler factor" in Audio properties. Seem to be some sort of pitch controller. Unfortunately, it will affect all the sounds in the project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, that's exactly what it does...but if it's for small repeating sounds like foot steps, gun shots, etc. then you don't even notice it being shorter.

Alternatively you can make multiple versions of the sound using some program of your choice, name them Sound_1, Sound_2, etc., then use "Play by name" and append a random integer variable to the end...The first method is much easier though if you just want to change the pitch and not use different samples.

• Yes, that's exactly what it does...but if it's for small repeating sounds like foot steps, gun shots, etc. then you don't even notice it being shorter.

Alternatively you can make multiple versions of the sound using some program of your choice, name them Sound_1, Sound_2, etc., then use "Play by name" and append a random integer variable to the end...The first method is much easier though if you just want to change the pitch and not use different samples.

That's true! I'll have to give it a try.. I really don't want to make several sounds with varied pre-set pitch values. I think it's kind of a cheap solution, and also unnecessary.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)