REQUEST: Project Presets

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • To make Construct 2, which is extremely user friendly, more user friendly. It would be awesome to have Project Presets. Maybe on the start of a new project you could ask what they are developing for, Mobile, Web, Install, Game Console. Then have the project settings confirm to a preset for each one.

The presets could set window/layout sizes, FullScreen specs, WebGL stuff, etc.

• Construct 2 can't make games for consoles.

Yes it can!

The only 2 it can't is Xbox and Playstation the rest it can.

sidenote; and soon they will support html5 games. But consoles are being overtaken by phones etc. Heck why use a console when my tv does the same thing????

• The New Project dialog is full of loads of templates and examples.

• You're a pretty negative and aggressive fella aren't you?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nesteris

Why not just cut your losses and go. It might make you a little happier.

• >

> >

> > Construct 2 can't make games for consoles.

> >

> Yes it can!

> The only 2 it can't is Xbox and Playstation the rest it can.

>

> sidenote; and soon they will support html5 games. But consoles are being overtaken by phones etc. Heck why use a console when my tv does the same thing????

>

"The rest it can", what flippin rest? The Wii U? That barely event counts.

"Soon they will support HTML5 games" Sure, and NodeWebkit will give bug-free native level performance, all android wrapper bugs are going to disappear overnight. Everything Construct2 is about is "soon", might as well change it's wikipedia entry to the singular word "soon".

Consoles are not being overtaken by phones, I don't see big budget productions for Android or iOS, you're not going to see any Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain's or The Last of Us type games coming to mobile any time soon.

[quote:wm81f51x]Heck why use a console when my tv does the same thing????

I am never bothering to reply to you again, bask in your ignorance.

Why bother breaking air when seawater has a higher oxygen content?

Wow, really. Seriously really????

The dilemma is do I educate you, do I attempt to explain myself and blow your mind or do I just let you sink yourself deeper into that little world that you seem to be stuck in.

Good luck. GM will make all your dreams come true. It is the missing element, we've been holding you back. Go forth and build blockbuster games, rack in millions, and do it all without ever actually learning anything, then write the book and I will buy it.

• That escalated quickly...

• That escalated quickly...

Yip. lol.

Nesteris has been steam rolling c2 and taking his frustrations out on members.

I presume he will just move on, because GM is bug free and so much better than C2 because of (insert bla bla bla here).

GM is so good I have the entire master collection and I can't remember when I used it last.

A hammer is a hammer, a spade a spade. How you use it makes all the difference...

• Back on topic

I've actually made my own templates. Just open a new project and set all settings the way I want them to be for iOs, Android, PC and then saved them as "iOs Portrait Template", "Android Lanscape Template" etc.

Really nice to have when you start a new project so you don't have to remember every setting that worked so nicely on the other projects

• I don't develop games at a pace that would benefit from presets, but I guess as a starting point it would be nice. You can always add your own to c2, programfiles/construct2/examples/iOsPortraitTemplate.capx etc etc

• Back on topic

I've actually made my own templates. Just open a new project and set all settings the way I want them to be for iOs, Android, PC and then saved them as "iOs Portrait Template", "Android Lanscape Template" etc.

Really nice to have when you start a new project so you don't have to remember every setting that worked so nicely on the other projects

Yeah I do the same, and also change all the icons to my own as well.

• I don't develop games at a pace that would benefit from presets, but I guess as a starting point it would be nice. You can always add your own to c2, programfiles/construct2/examples/iOsPortraitTemplate.capx etc etc

Actually DUTOIT, it is in the "templates" folder.

• > I don't develop games at a pace that would benefit from presets, but I guess as a starting point it would be nice. You can always add your own to c2, programfiles/construct2/examples/iOsPortraitTemplate.capx etc etc

>

Actually DUTOIT, it is in the "templates" folder.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)