request: multiplayer games in store

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hello!

Not sure where to post this, but, just my wish: to see some multiplayer games available in the store.

It surprises me that there are many games available in the store, including many very high-quality games, and yet none of them utilise the multiplayer plugin of Construct 2.

It would be really nice to purchase some to play with, deconstruct and learn from.

Just a thought!

• Hey Sidney.

Not sure what kind of mp examples you are after but my card game template uses it (setup for peer to peer). I also have a free tutorial that should help you get started if you wanted to go that way instead.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1432/g ... ayer-games

You should be able to find some examples of real time games with a search, I know I have seen them shared before but that was a while ago.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, I've seen your card game template and it's on my wishlist

If I had a good idea for it, and some sweet gfx, then I'd definitely try and make a go of it.

• It might be a little bit late, but I have setup a mobile platform for multiplayer games, including an invite function for opponents. The platform contains a signaling server, turn servers and a mobile app with a XWalkView for HTML5 (instead of Google's WebView). Game developers can simple post their game description, host the game anywhere or on the platform itself.

A demo of the Construct2 Multiplayer Pong is provided as well. See attached video:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

(Update) As of Android 7.x XWalkView is no longer supported and generates errors, so users having Android 7.x and above installed will use Google's WebView automatically.

• Sounds pretty cool. The video talks about BMS, do you have a website or more details?

• BMS is the name of the app. Might not sound very sophisticated and just means Broadcast Messaging Service. You will find more detailed posts, pdfs, overview videos on http://www.patreon.com/karstensiebert. There is a web access for game developers and publishers (described in the last pdf of the above mentioned link). It is free and anonymous.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)