[Request] More hotspot positions

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Tiled Background, 9patch, Spritefont, Text. Why all of this objects can have hotspot only on Top-Left and Center?

For many releases now I've been modifying official plugins just to get more hotspots options. And it's very annoying to do so on every new release.

Yes i know I should not modify official plugins, but for something simple like this it's just not worth for making a separate plugin.

Ashley please can you add this?

Adding all hotspot possibilities: Top-Left, Top, Top-Right, Left, Center, Right, Bottom-Left, Bottom, Bottom-Right takes about 1,5 minute for each object. There are no compatibility problems or other strange issues (some of them I've modified while working on a project, and been using it for few months now and never experience any of strange behaviors).

Don't need to tell anyone how this makes life a lot easier.

• Yes please! Especially for text, dealing with a top-left hotspot is really annoying when the text is left-aligned.

• While we're on the subject...what about making tilemaps center-oriented? Right now you can't resize them without screwing up your tiles :T

• █▀▀░█░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█

▀▀█░█░█░█▀▀░█▀░░█▀▄

▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░▀

█▄░▄█░█▀▀░█▀▀▀░ █▀█

█░█░█░█▀░░█░▀█░█▀▀█

▀░▀░▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀

█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█░ █▀█

█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄░█▀▀█

▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀░▀░░▀

█▀▀░█▀█░█░█▀▀

█▀░░█▀▀░█░█

▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀▀▀

░░░░░░██▄

░░░░░░█░█

░░░░░█░░█

█▄▄▄█░░░██

█░ Scirra ░░░░█

█░ Add This ░░█

█░ Please! ░░░█

█░ And Give ░░█

█░ Me One! ░░█

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • While we're on the subject...what about making tilemaps center-oriented? Right now you can't resize them without screwing up your tiles :T

Yes! tilemaps are very useful for all kind of stuff not just the plain simple backgrounds!

I'm posting my modified plugins if some of you would like to use them (well as always all credits goes to R0J0hound - code is from his Paster plugin). Simply replace them, and do not worry they won't break anything. Just remember that they need to be replaced again after installing new C2 release - if Ashley won't add them of course.

Oh and I'm using SpriteFont+ and this one is in the pack (only because there's no need to write any events for character settings) - and again have no idea why this can not be merge into one plugin. I never used official SptireFont again since SF+ was published.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)