Request: add angle/rotate-able in 9patch object

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Ashley

9 patch object could not rotate or set angle. How about add rotate-able feature in this kind of object?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is mandatory for using 9patch to draw a line with arrow! We need it.

• I think it would be easy in WebGL mode, but extremely difficult in canvas2d mode, because the way tiling transforms work is completely ridiculous in canvas2d. IIRC that's the main reason it's not supported!

In the long-term we aim to drop support for the canvas2d renderer and use WebGL exclusively, so we could revisit it at that time.

• Ashley

Thanks for explaining.

• I think it would be easy in WebGL mode, but extremely difficult in canvas2d mode, because the way tiling transforms work is completely ridiculous in canvas2d. IIRC that's the main reason it's not supported!

In the long-term we aim to drop support for the canvas2d renderer and use WebGL exclusively, so we could revisit it at that time.

Long term meaning "construct 3" or "in 5 years or more"?

I'd love some rotatable 9-patch to do things like lasers, (as mentioned above) arrows and map editors.

• Basically when WebGL support levels reach almost-universal, which means old browsers falling out of use (notably IE9-10 and old Android browsers) and GPU driver quality generally being good enough that blacklisting isn't such a significant problem. WebGLstats.com is a good place to keep an eye on this although it hasn't been updated for a while. According to it's last data, something like 20% of Android phones and more like 45% of Android tablets still don't have WebGL support, and even 7-8% of Windows desktops still don't have WebGL support. I think for a lot of people that's still too many - I'd want it to be more like 98% on desktop and 90% on mobile, but it could depend on a few other factors.

• +1

rotate 9-patch please

• This is mandatory for using 9patch to draw a line with arrow! We need it.

There are other ways around this... maybe something like pining a regtangle that you can stretch to an arrow tip.

Rotatable 9-patch would be pretty nice though!

• > This is mandatory for using 9patch to draw a line with arrow! We need it.

>

There are other ways around this... maybe something like pining a regtangle that you can stretch to an arrow tip.

Rotatable 9-patch would be pretty nice though!

Yeah~ I think rexrainbow <pin to image point> plugin can be a work around in this case.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)