Remove Solved Topics in "How do I?" Forums

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • It's annoying when you go to the "How do I?" forum page and then go into a topic only to find out that it's solved already. I would suggest that you remove the solved ones or sort them away to another section.

This would help a lot.

._. superwifibattler

• I disagree entirely.

The whole point is for people to look in that section for answers before posting a question.

It is generally 'forum etiquette' for the OP to amend the post with the addendum 'SOLVED'.

• I've learnt more from the solved threads than anything else on this site (manual and tutorials included), so I'd strongly disagree that they should be removed. Going into a thread and finding that it's solved usually prompts me to see how it was solved, and add that little nugget of information to my own repertoire.

Moving them to a sub-forum would mean that they'd be neglected, relegated purely to searches. I enjoy reading through all threads in this section and if they're put off to the side then it'll just make it more of an effort to browse through them.

A "solved" tag, on the other hand, wouldn't be remiss.

Actually, giving it some thought I'd really appreciate a tag feature around here, and I think it'd be especially helpful for the newcomers. Tags like beginner, intermediate, advanced, physics, behaviour, UI and so on would be very useful to organise content at a glance, and could make searching a whole lot more powerful, too.

• You have my vote for a "Solved" tag, but not for remove these threads :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm also going to chime in with disagreement, the How do I forum is a massive resource for solving problems, and with more complex queries there will often be more than one way of solving the problem: The first posted solution may not be the best.

• Only thing that bothers me is the duplicate threads. I've never been to a forum with so many of the exact same topics :L

• Yeah, I agree that a "Solved" tag would suit everybody. ;D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)