Ran into an issue while playing my game...

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • Sorry if this not the right forum for this question, but ran into this problem:

Now, I read the Bug Report Forum guidelines, but I'm not sure if this fits the requirements. Because this happens after playing thru a few stages (or probably after a certain time period, about 20-30mins of playing), so I can't just simply upload a simplified capx.

And I'm using ver.2.22,

So any help would be appreciated.

• Bump...any help?

• Even if it's due to physics behavior,can you reproduce with Chrome or firefox?

• Even if it's due to physics behavior,can you reproduce with Chrome or firefox?

Well, it did the same in Chrome before...

But now, I dunno what (maybe I switched computers) I've just ran it again with no problems. I'm gonna try to see if the HTML will go along w/o a hitch as well.

• Ok, just ran the HTML, and midway through the game it froze up...completely stop playing.

So again, I really don't know the issue; could it be the new NW.js I'm having a problem with? I will try re-installing it.

And if anyone can tell what the hell all that means (the lines that start with 'at'), it would be really helpful.

• Are your physics sprites animated? I found this:

Also someone else reported an issue with animated sprites. You could try using an invisible sprite with physics on it and set your animated sprite to that sprite's position. (I'm hesitant to suggest pinning, as pinning to physics also has it's problems).

• Are your physics sprites animated? I found this:

Also someone else reported an issue with animated sprites. You could try using an invisible sprite with physics on it and set your animated sprite to that sprite's position. (I'm hesitant to suggest pinning, as pinning to physics also has it's problems).

Yes they are...so that's the problem? Well, that would be kinda complicated since they also move and whatnot. So do I give the same behaviors to the sprites (sine, bullet, etc) movements to the invisible ones as well?

Do you think I should just switch to platform behavior instead? Again, I done all the layouts for this game already, and readying it for release soon (I'm actually doing it for a client). So please, I really need things to work properly, or else it would be a wasted project and 80-100 bucks for the Pro License if I have to go to another program.

• Asking if you should switch to Platform from Physics is a loaded question. If you can do what you need in Platform, you should have avoided Physics.

However, it shouldn't be too much work to quickly experiment. Can you just turn off animations for the moment and play the game? That will go a long way to deciding what to do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you doing one of the following:

• adding joints to an object in the same tick that it's declared to the physics plugin / created
    • destroying joints after an object has been destroyed
    • destroying an object that has just had joints attached
    • using a complex collision polygon with more than 8 verteces

?

Also, does it do this in asm.js and box2d physics?

• Asking if you should switch to Platform from Physics is a loaded question. If you can do what you need in Platform, you should have avoided Physics.

However, it shouldn't be too much work to quickly experiment. Can you just turn off animations for the moment and play the game? That will go a long way to deciding what to do.

Yea, I just removed the physics behavior from a few animated sprites (didn't really need them anyway for the most part)...and the game ran fine (in the runtime and html) w/o any crashes, freezes or bugs. Thanks for your help, hope you get the rep points,

• Are you doing one of the following:

- adding joints to an object in the same tick that it's declared to the physics plugin / created

- destroying joints after an object has been destroyed

- destroying an object that has just had joints attached

- using a complex collision polygon with more than 8 verteces

?

Also, does it do this in asm.js and box2d physics?

Eh, for the stuff in BOLD, nah, not really that advanced in C2 yet,

And I'm using box2d physics. And as stated in the above post, the problem has been solved as of now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)