"Save game"s and script minification

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Minification script when exporting affect the contents of the files created by the actions "System -> Save game" or "LocalStorage -> Set Item" ?

• I'm just trying to understand how it is from the point of view of safety.

What is more safe: use "Save game to slot" or save state with "Local Storage" ?

Which is easier to open and see the names of variables and the contents of the array?

Or the same?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Minification does not affect the savegame format at all. In fact it should not actually affect anything, other than making the game's download smaller.

The savegame system uses the same storage as local storage internally, so it doesn't make much difference which you use. No save system is hack-proof and there's not much difference on that point either.

• Minification does not affect the savegame format at all. In fact it should not actually affect anything, other than making the game's download smaller.

Yes, minification itself should not affect anything instead download size. But ADVANCED_OPTIMIZATIONS mode of Google Closure Compiler must make "extremely difficult for anybody to reverse engineer your game", or not? I'm talking about c2runtime.js now . I wrote "minification" because export option called "minify script", but i mean obfuscation too

because this option run ADVANCED_OPTIMIZATIONS mode of Google Closure Compiler, or I am wrong?

The savegame system uses the same storage as local storage internally, so it doesn't make much difference which you use. No save system is hack-proof and there's not much difference on that point either.

Uderstood. Thank you! I will try to obfuscate gamesaves via LocalStorage by hands

P.S. Why am I saying all this? I understand that any door can be opened, but in my opinion is better to have door and to keep it closed. And obfuscation of the main js file is closing of this door. But it turns out that there is a full state save file, through which you can learn a lot about the internal structure of your program. Want to do something with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)