Does "Play audio at X dB" change?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • I tried to flip around, using 0.2/0,2 dB / 1dB / 2dB / 5dB but sounds / music is always the same.

Does this function do anything or is there a other way for me to controll volume?

Still no change even if I increase a lot.

• Sound always plays at full volume (0db). You can only decrease it: -5, -150,...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sound always plays at full volume (0db). You can only decrease it: -5, -150,...

oh I see, Guess I gotta make it higher in a external software then?

Cheers mate

• And remember that decibels aren't linear. 150 decibel difference is massive. A 10 decibel increase (or decrease in this case) is roughly twice as loud (or soft). 20 decibels less is half of the previous half and so on (approximately).

*smacks head* I can't believe I didn't know that! That would explain why some of my quieter sound effects are refusing to make themselves heard :p

Time to go boost them in Audacity and reimport methinks

• I thought the Set volume action allows increasing the volume? I tried values from 10-50 (+ and -) and never heard a difference and thought its broken. I need to try again with much higher values then.

• I thought the Set volume action allows increasing the volume? I tried values from 10-50 (+ and -) and never heard a difference and thought its broken. I need to try again with much higher values then.

I just dragged the .ogg in to sony vegas and raised the volume and pressed save, took 10 seconds and now I increased the volume by a lot!

(can also decrease)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)