Quick question regarding Web Storage and CocoonJS

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hi C2 peepz,

I have a question regarding the Web Storage object in CocoonJS and hope someone could shed some light on this for me,

I save my high score using the Web Storage, but have seen that when I release an update for my Android application on the Google Play Store that my locally stored variables get cleared, this is not only my high score, but system settings and basically all things stored in local storage

Is this at all possible?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't say about game updates cause never did them. But for webstorage that might be problematic.

You have one game with specific local values. and probably Update for that game counts as a separate game - with different set of local values.

• I never had that issue.

My games updated fine, kept all the progressed. Used WebStorage.

It only happens when you manually uninstall the old version first, it will delete all the cache and saved data (webstorage). If you install on top of it, it will simply update and keep the old data.

• I never had that issue.

My games updated fine, kept all the progressed. Used WebStorage.

It only happens when you manually uninstall the old version first, it will delete all the cache and saved data (webstorage). If you install on top of it, it will simply update and keep the old data.

Thanks so much for the reply, I thought it might be the case, because I always uninstall it manually before testing the new version and never updated my app using the play store.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)