Some questions about C2 and mobile games

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Find pleasure in juggling balls with this basic HTML5 template
  • 1. Do mobile platforms (iOS, android and windows) support WebGL and therefore effects?

2. What are the best export options for iOS and android right now? I see that cocoonJS has the new cloud compiler. Is this seeming like the best way to go?

I know that these questions have been answered elsewhere, I just want to make sure to have the latest info - thanks!

• 1. Yes, iOS 8 supports webgl. Andriod 5+ supports webgl 3 and Android 4+ supports webgl 2 (I believe)

2. Cocoon.io is a good option for android, most of us have been getting better performance out of it, but it also seems a few more set up issues can occur. When it works though, it's pretty awesome.

Intel XDK is good for iOS, fairly easy and painless too. I haven't tried cocoon.io for iOS yet, but it could be interesting.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Most mobile devices, but not all, support WebGL. See webglstats.com for more info. For publishing any Cordova-compatible platform should work well on iOS, and Crosswalk (also Cordova compatible) for Android.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)